The SIA AppChallenge is back again for its sixth version and it is seeking for the most significant breakthroughs in vacation technology to fix 6 important discomfort points. The deadline for entries is July 12.
The AppChallenge is one of the initiatives from the airline trying to get to build its interactions and networks with startups from all about the environment. This year’s 6 themes challenge startups to take into account the pursuing thoughts:
- Seamless Journey Knowledge – How can we automate the process of figuring out harmed baggage? How can we deal with in-cabin baggage to make certain a smooth boarding experience? How can we re-think about a customer’s life onboard Vistara flights? How can we use technology to decrease catering squander and automate the inflight shipping and delivery of pre-requested foods?
- People today and Operations – How can we use gamification to assess the suitability of candidates for Cabin Crew roles? How can we leverage intuitive electronic equipment to help engineers in pre-departure things to do?
- Beyond Journey – How can we permit new purchasing experiences at physical touchpoints as a result of particular cellular devices?
- Travelling in the New Norm – How can we build sturdy capabilities that tackle customers’ considerations on their health and fitness and security across their vacation journey, the two on floor and in flight?
- New Organization Options – How can we leverage SIA’s assets and world brand name to start new products, companies and businesses that are adjacent to and enhance our core organization?
- Sustainability – How can we acquire new approaches to broaden our sustainability initiatives?
“This challenge is an prospect for startups at the forefront of innovation to perform with the world’s foremost airline and be section of the driving drive in altering the way we vacation,” the business claimed in a launched statement.
Adhering to the submissions round, chosen startups will be invited to pitch their solutions nearly to SIA, Scoot and Vistara organization teams, and include comments from the session.
Shortlisted individuals will then enter the “prototyping round” – exactly where they will be needed to build or good-tune their product, in preparation for their pitch to SIA. Members will receive weekly digital mentoring from SIA and NUS Enterprise to guideline them in their prototyping.
Lastly, finalists will be invited to pitch to Singapore Airways senior administration and top executives in October. Methods with organization probable will be quickly-tracked into the SIA Accelerator Programme, exactly where startups will build a evidence-of-strategy of their alternative with Singapore Airways.
Up to 5 startups from the Grand Finale round will quickly-keep track of applying their solutions as a result of the SIA Accelerator Programme and will:
- Participate in a ten-7 days programme to employ their alternative as a result of a evidence-of-strategy
- Be matched with a committed SIA organization mentor and NUS advisor to co-acquire their alternative
- Get obtain to Singapore Airways and important partners’ APIs
- Accessibility a workspace and amenities at Singapore Airways Digital Innovation Lab, KrisLab
- Acquire funding Support
The AppChallenge is open pre-seed to Series A startups globally. Apply in this article. Deadline: July 12.
WiT is happy to be a Singapore Airways AppChallenge media associate.